When you start the day, do you typically jump out of bed or do you just want to roll over and keep hitting the snooze button?
If you consistently find things are half-empty or a chore, it's difficult to enjoy life, isn't it? People might say you're filled with negativity. I take issue with labeling anyone that way as it seems to only heap more negativity and it isn't really useful; given a choice, wouldn't most people want to feel happier or fulfilled? (There are exceptions, people whose dourness or sucking the life out of a room serves them but this isn't what I'm talking about)
You may have heard a "less than" (negative) outlook can contribute to many health related issues including depression, heart disease, and lowered immune system function. It can also affect your sleep, weight, the quality of your relationships, your social life, and even your ability to hold a job.
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" (Laozi) so what can you do, right now, to start making a difference? Imagine what your life can be like when it's filled with more lightness, fun, passion, connection, health, and possibility?
5 Simple Tips to Filling Your Cup (even more!)
Pick one of the following action steps, start with small steps.
- Give compliments. Give them freely. Notice the good in others. You may start to see more of the good in yourself as well!
- Find, focus on, and pass on good news (hint: you won't find it in the media outlets) Here's a place to start: http://revitalizationnews.com/
- Go for 30 minutes complaint free (DOUBLE BONUS: while driving!) and see the positive no matter how small or minor it appears. Then expand the amount of time---2 hours, a day, a week.
- Send yourself a text with something you saw, felt, or experienced that made you smile (even if just in the inside).
- Focus on what you want, not what you don't want.